EXCEL DRIVER SERVICES, LLC ANNOUNCES THE ACQUISITION OF SIMULATION TECHNOLOGY
Excel Driver Services, LLC (EDS), with over 17 years of professional driver and workforce training experience has acquired Simulation Technology, a proven leader in virtual simulation systems. This acquisition allows Excel to further incorporate training with simulation for a more seamless integration in the simulation world; becoming the first training provider in the industry to encompass complete training solutions and visionary hardware to its customers’ professional training needs.
Simulation Technology (Sim-Tech) has developed world class products; its primary focus has resulted in high-accord in the Fire, EMS and transit markets. Years of management experience learning the best practices—and pitfalls—of both large and small companies alike have allowed Sim-Tech to build the most agile, collaborative Simulators in the industry. Now, Sim-Tech is excited to combine its technology with Excel’s vast experience as a national training leader, a concept long sought by customers.
This type of integration has never-before been delivered. Excel and Sim-Tech can now combine knowledge and experience with advanced delivery platforms, to revolutionize education and training. Impacting people young and old, in challenging environments, in a fun and interactive process, Sim-Tech and Excel deliver best practices in behavior-based platforms. We will now lead the way to behavioral change in transportation, and workplace applications.
We specialize in the following Areas
REAL COCKPITS AND VEHICLE DYNAMICS
The simulators replicate cabs of law enforcement and emergency vehicles, with fully functional instrument panels for training firefighter and EMS drivers. Unlike conceptual training, simulators are interactive. The driver can veer off onto the shoulder or brake to avoid collision with oncoming traffic.
“Simulators build memories to avert accidents, engage the driver physiologically, and affect the brain’s amygdala, the part of the temporal lobe which forms memories associated with emotional events.”
If a driver experiences an accident at a simulated intersection, the accident becomes part of the driver’s memory and in the future will trigger a sense of precaution during a similar, real-life situation.
Just sitting in the sleek, 2018 Spartan Fire Apparatus surrounded by the latest thin bezel LCD monitors is enough to get your mind racing, but just wait until you’re driving down a country road or a crowded urban street while responding to a life threatening emergency. Do you take the wrong way down a one-way street? Can you safely navigate around a busload of children?…around blind corners?….in the blowing snow? Now your heart is racing too!
All of these decisions and more are put to our men and women in Red as they train on these highly realistic scenarios. And the best part is that mistakes made here don’t cost a thing, they just pay back by preparing our first responders for the real-life situations they will face daily.
Fully interactive & turn-key Driving simulator Systems
Simulation Technology is proud to present our Classroom and Mobile Law Enforcement Driving Simulator System Packages; the most advanced driving sim program of its kind on the market. Our industry-leading driving simulators combine our knowledge and experience gained over two decades of driving simulation evolution—now being accelerated by the rapidly advancing technologies developed around virtual reality and gaming technology. This enables us to meet the ever-growing need for better driver safety training.
Some of the unique aspects of our company’s technology and our Driving Simulation Systems
(many of them “firsts” in the industry) include:
- A true 230+ degree field of view created using a 5-Screen array of 46″ ultra-thin bezel LCD
- Full interior vehicle cab renderings, including mirrors, A and B Pillars and sight lines throughout the geo-world that are geometrically correct from the driver’s eye point. This is crucial for positive training of clearing intersections and defining accurate spatial relationships between the interior and the exterior of the cab, so the students can acclimate and train effectively.
- 2-year full-service warranty and software upgrades are included at no additional cost.
- Our extended warranty packages are the most economical on the market due to our advanced technology and driver sim configuration of running our simulators on ONE computer. Simulation Technology’s commitment to ongoing curricula, scenario, and model development throughout the life of our partnership is a high-touch relationship backed by the passion of a team dedicated to the success of our customer-partners.
- The most accurate vehicle dynamics in the industry…assuring the highest level of operator training possible in a driving simulator system. We work directly with the apparatus & vehicle manufacturing engineering groups and incorporate the actual CAN Bus technology to drive our sim’s component systems and sensors as an alternative to conventional multi-wire looms. In other words, Sim-Tech’s driver training simulators are operated just like the real vehicle and apparatus you drive on the road every day. And when the latest fleet models are ready to hit the market, we’ll have the latest driver sims designed and ready to offer our customers.
Result Oriented Course Training Programs
The underlying foundation for such an employee is achieved through Result Oriented Course Training Programs. ROCT lays foundations based on Safety and Physiological needs, specific to each driver. With a combined 26 years’ industry experience, ROCT is tuned-in and ready to deliver safety programs for your specific needs & custom learning paths to accommodate each and every driver’s physiological needs.
What’s at your core foundation?
A solid foundation must be laid before one can reach self-actualization as an employee.
A “self-actualized” employee is:
1 – A proactive problem solver,
2 – An employee comfortable with making decisions, and
3 – A confident professional that can continue to grow in experience as an active team member.
First Responders | Fire & EMS, Government | Military, Oil & Gas | Transportation,
Municipal | Law Enforcement, Construction | Delivery, Energy | Distribution, Agriculture | Logistics
Passenger | Department of Transportation